The time for change is now.
This proposed legislation represents the way forward.
- Serve the child’s need for family.
- Establish the child’s right to family as a fundamental human right.
- Combat the policies that deny children families:
- Policies treating children as the property of nations and of birth parents.
- Policies shutting down international adoption and other opportunities for family.
- Children need permanent loving parents to survive and thrive.
- Children need those parents early in life to avoid irreparable damage.
- Children have a right to a family as citizens of our global community.
As a broad coalition of child human rights experts and organizations, we advocate for children’s most fundamental need, and most basic human right: to grow up in loving, nurturing families, with committed parents capable of providing unconditional love on an ongoing basis.